Every pet owner adores their pet and feeding them a nutritious diet is their major concern. There is an enormous attention for pet food in Dubai as people there believes in keeping a pet happy with a variety of foods. They want to give their pets the best they can rather than believing the appealing TV ads and magazines. Sometimes, thinking about a healthy dog’s diet can become overwhelming as developing healthy eating habits with a right food choice can make a big difference.
Though for selecting the right food items you can always prefer pet shop online in Dubai, incorporating some of these healthy eating tips will improve your dog’s health. These tips will not only enhance your dog’s life, but also program them for any health failure.
- Avoid feeding them stored food: We often fall for the marketing scams that stored and shelf-stable food has everything a dog need. But, the fact is that these foods have no live enzymes and are dead foods having synthetic supplements. These should not be fed as a staple diet, but only be preferred when on a long journey or at times of any occasion.
- Let the fresh whole food be your choice: Talking about the live enzymes, vegetables and fruits have them in ample. These whole foods are packed with fibre that is good for the digestive system. The packed foods are considered unhealthy because their cooking procedure destroys the nutrient present in them. While these natural whole foods help in maximum nutrition absorption.
- Take the label test of the packed food you buy: There are times when managing the proper food for your pet isn’t possible and you have to go for a packaged and shelf-stable food. So, before making such purchases, make sure you carefully examine the labels of the food items. Check whether the ingredients are good or bad for your dog. The antioxidant-rich ingredients or the ingredients having anti-inflammatory properties are the best.
- Do not overfeed them: Just like the human dogs also need to have limited treats. They should be fed according to their weight that whether they need to gain or lose weight. If they need to gain, then they need to eat frequently even before bedtime also. But when your dog is overweight feed him early in the evening so that there is enough time in going to bed. This will let the workout happen and the calories will burn. Moreover, the food you feed should also depend on the age of your dog.
- Take care of their dental health: Letting your dog gnawing on raw bones can keep their teeth and gums healthy. Similarly, other foods like carrot, zucchini, also help in rubbing their teeth while they chomp them. These are good for their dental health and less harsh on teeth as well. You can also try covering these veggies with raw coconut oil as it serves as an amazing canine toothpaste. It also acts as a source of healthy saturated fat, which can help manage your dog’s weight.
- Give their eating bowls a vinegar wash: Vinegar is a wonderful cleaning product. It disinfects the bowl and is free of chemicals along with being odourless. Your dog may be sensitive to the other cleaning products in the market which can be harmful. Vinegar has had no ill effects as well.
- Add green lentils and raw coconut oil to their diet: Dogs don’t need grains even most of them are allergic to wheat. Instead, feed them green lentils as a protein-rich substitute. These are considered the most nutritional as they have a good amount of fibre and minerals along with protein.
- Make nutrition the priority: Give your pet variety of food rather than providing a single type of food. A single type of food cannot provide all the necessary nutrients. Try giving them organic pet food as not only these are nutritious and healthy, but the dogs enjoy them too!
On average, feeding your dogs, fresh homemade meals or complete and balanced packaged foods help them stay younger, healthier and significantly extend their life expectancy. You can get a variety of healthy and organic food items for dog at online pet shops in Dubai. They provide you with a wide range of food items to select for your dog.